Powder Coat Supervisor
Fox Lake, WI
Looking to lead a professional team that works hard and is well compensated on a pay for performance basis?
If so, a supervisor role in the Karavan Trailers powder coating department may be a great fit.
Karavan is an industry leading manufacturer of boat and utility trailers. The majority of these trailers are powder coated in house. Our paint line is less than 5 years old and very efficient.
We have well defined pay grades based on knowledge of the line and all of its tasks, while also having a clear performance based compensation model: Increased pay based on daily machine efficiency.
The powder coat supervisor will lead multiple shifts by ensuring shift leaders stick to daily schedules and production goals.
For more information on our company, visit our site at www.karavantrailers.com and view our product videos at:
Day to Day Tasks
- Develop and maintain well-trained employees
- Focus daily on achieving a high standard of quality
- Meet or exceed daily production requirements through efficient scheduling
- Know and communicate the goals and objectives of the group to the employees
- Recommend changes and improvements related to layout of area, manpower, equipment, or materials usage for continuous improvement
- Support all Karavan policies, procedures and safety rules
- Distribute assigned work or jobs within the department
- Know all equipment on the powder coat line and see that operators understand and use it effectively
- Able to organize, multi-task, troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Promote and support the maintenance of a safe, accident-free, and healthy work environment
- Minimum High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Clear understanding of powder coating and/or other manufacturing processes
- Training and communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Past powder coat and/or other manufacturing leadership experience preferred
- Additional education in lean, leadership, or manufacturing preferred